Welcome To The Class!
On Tap Today:
Cards of Chaos! On the notecards, provide the following info:
Name (and preferred title)
Do you have access to computer & Internet outside of Wayne State?
Fictional character with whom you most identify
Fun Fact! Maybe Two!
- Syllabus review
- Quick intro to wiki
- Syllabus and Project descriptions
- In textbook
- Ch. 1 (“Communication, Your Career, and This Book”),
- Ch. 3 (“Defining Your Communication’s Goals”), and
- Ch. 23 (“Writing Reader-Centered Letters, Memos, E-mails, and Digital Exchanges) Note: Chapter numbers and pagination may differ if you are using the custom textbook.
- Instructions for Project 1
- If you are not already familiar with Wikipedia, spend some time reviewing this site; concentrate specifically on the way information is presented for entries relevant to to your academic/career field.
- In your notes, write down at least three questions you have after the reading. Bring these to class.
- Register for this website. Fill out the form on the course homepage. Edit your “About Me” page with a short bio (similar to the information I asked for above).
- Register to use Wikipedia